I have an old host that works as a NAS basically for backups. It has a linux inside and allows some (by then) fancy stuff out of the box. Recently I was leveraging it as a resource for backups via SSH and I ran into this error. Took me a bit to get the clue and a minimal explanation.
This small post explains it.
I own a WD My Cloud 1-bay that I bought second hand from a colleague. I feel it nowadays lacking behind, slow and noisy, and I only use it as a NAS for backups. It's ok-ish: has a Debian inside and a simple Web UI to manage it. I have it next to my desk, so I started to be very annoyed by the constant hard disk accesses. Very annoyed.
In this article I'll explain how did I solve it once for all.